This exciting practical training focuses on the benefits of a digital approach in vertical bone augmentation using the Khoury technique in the posterior mandible. The emphasis is placed on understanding the biological background of new bone formation for predictable implant surgeries. Additionally, the course explores various factors influencing the clinical outcome of these procedures.
• The concept behind bone augmentation procedures and Computer-Guided Bone Block Harvesting
• Khoury technique in practice
• The importance of biological background of new bone formation when performing predictable implant surgeries
• Various aspects impacting the procedure’s clinical outcome
DR. Luca de Stavola
Dr. Luca De Stavola is a member of the European Association for Osseointegration (EAO), the Italian Academy of Osseointegration (IAO), and since 2021, has been on the IAO Board of Directors. He is the author and co-author of numerous peer-reviewed manuscripts published in international journals, and a guest lecturer and speaker at courses and conferences, including the Spanish Society of Periodontology Annual Congresses (SEPA) 2016 and 2018, EAO Annual Congresses, 2017, 2019 and 2022, and EUROPERIO 10, 2022.
Dr. De Stavola owns and manages private clinics in Padua and Treviso, dedicating his work to the field of periodontology, oral surgery, implant dentistry, and bone regeneration. He holds a graduate degree in Dentistry from the University of Padua, with a post-graduate degree in Oral Surgery, under the auspices of Prof. Fouad Khoury, Olsberg, Germany, and a master’s degree in Oral Medicine in Implant Dentistry, University of Munster, Germany.
Decision criteria in bone augmentation procedures – from biology to surgical decisions
Advantages of a digital approach in vertical bone augmentation using the Shell technique
Hands-On Training Session
• Computer-Guided Bone Block Harvesting from the retro molar area
• Vertical Bone Augmentation following the Khoury technique in the posterior mandible
• Implant placement